With the new decade just around the corner, we’re going to share our favourite 2020 wedding trends. These are the wedding ideas that we’ll be seeing a lot of in the new year and we can’t wait. From dried flowers and new neutrals to neon lights and embellished veils, we love them all. If you want to add a few new details and hot wedding trends to your day, read on.
Bridal fashion trends for 2020
We’ll start with bridal fashion because we LOVE wedding dresses here at GreenAcres. In 2020, there will be a lot of historical influence. Think of wedding dresses with a Victorian vibe through to gowns with big, billowing sleeves in a 70s style, gowns have had a makeover. Lace will still feature but it patterns will be bolder and less delicate. Nude will be the new blush and bows will be big big BIG! When it comes to veils, embellishments will be everywhere and combs and barrettes are the hair accessory of choice.
Wedding colours for the new year
If you want to move on from pale pinks and greens or the all-white wedding, there are new colour palettes in town. For a neutral look, caramels, taupes and wispy browns are perfect for 2020. If you’re feeling braver, stronger, warmer shades are just what you need. Think about oranges, rusts and deep tones.
For the past few years, watercolours have been a big inspiration and in the new year, we’re moving on. Bolder, brighter shades and fine art and oil painting influence stationery and dresses. This is a great look for summer that brings a bit more strength to the traditional pastel shades.
Wedding trends for 2020
To bring your wedding bang up to date, here are a few ideas and wedding trends that you might like to include in your 2020 celebration:
- Dried grasses and flowers will be super popular in 2020. Think about structural pieces to line your aisle.
- Boozy ice pops are the perfect addition to your summer drinks reception. Base them on your favourite cocktails for extra fun.
- Cakes will come with colour this year. Either plainly coloured or adored with brushstroke inspired decorations if you’ve embraced the masterpiece trend.
- Make the most of the outdoor spaces at your venue by creating al fresco seating areas. Hire sofas and chairs that your guests won’t be able to resist curling up in.
More details for 2020
- Wedding signage is a bit of a big day essential. Give yours the modern touch by working with Perspex rather than wood.
- Tablecentres will be tall in 2020 so add taper candles rather than tea lights to your table. Beautifully coloured, towering candles look absolutely wonderful.
- 2020 couples will be adding lots of lighting to their weddings. Neon signs, lots of fairylights, draped lights and hanging installations will all be popular. Use lighting to change the look of your wedding from ceremony to evening reception.
- Grazing tables are ideal for interactive food service. They are perfect icebreakers for your drinks reception so that guests can chat as they help themselves.
To start planning your wedding at GreenAcres, do get in touch. We’d love to show your around our woodlands and we’d be thrilled to send your our brochure. Whether you’re aiming for a wedding in 2020 or beyond, we’re here to help.