At GreenAcres, we LOVE seeing all the ways our fabulous couples personalise their weddings. One of the best ways to add unique touches to your day is with a little bit of wedding craft. Making something that’s a real one-off can be a lot of fun and wedding DIY is super popular right now. Today, we’re sharing ten wedding makes that are perfect for your woodland wedding…
- Leaf confetti – let’s start with a really easy DIY. All you need to do is grab yourself a leaf-shaped hole-punch and get busy! You can use either coloured papers or even real leaves to create your confetti. What could be simpler?
- Table plan – gather some logs, write guest names on one end and stack them up to create a really brilliant table plan. Yes, wedding DIY can be that easy! Decorate the table with pinecones, flowers or other woodland touches and you’ll have a table plan that looks amazing.
- Lantern/candle backdrop – Stand a lots of logs of various sizes on their ends in a group to make a totally on-theme backdrop. Add in big candles and lanterns for an atmospheric finishing touch.
- Signs – every wedding needs a sign to point guests in the right direction and again, these are an easy make. Just attach length of wood to a post and add on whatever details you like.
- Top table garland – stringing fir cones on a length of twine makes a great garland and when this is hung along your top table, it’s rustic brilliance. You could add flowers, a branch or length of wood and candles in little terracotta pots for an organic flourish.
- Table centrepiece – creating your own tablecentres with stacks of wooden slices is another fab wedding DIY. Use pieces of varying heights and thickness to give a different look on each table and then add flowers, table numbers and details for extra personalisation.
- Cake stand – again, wooden slices make great cake stands and you’ll find a really easy to follow tutorial here. This is perfect for individual cupcakes or desserts and it also makes a lovely wedding keepsake too.
- Place card holder – Making place card holders for your woodland wedding is another speedy DIY. All you need are lengths of twig and a glue gun. Stick the lengths together and stand the place card in between.
- Guest log – A rustic take on a guest book where you simply ask guests to sign a wood slice. You can add on text or illustrations yourself and even craft a little explanatory sign for guests too.
- Ring box – not the simplest DIY we admit but if you’d like to test your woodworking prowess, this is the one for you. The finished box can be carried by a best man or ring bearer or even passed around your guests as part of a ring-warming ceremony.
There are lots more ideas on our Pinterest boards and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates. If you’d like to come and get inspired in our woodlands, do make an appointment to visit us soon.
Image 2: Top Left Alexa Loy on Whimsical Wonderland Weddings | Top Right Razzleberry Photography on Whimsical Wonderland Weddings | Bottom Left via Deer Pearl Flowers | Bottom Right Rustic Wedding Chic