With the opening of Beech Dell at Chiltern, we can’t stop thinking about outdoor wedding ceremonies. There’s something so magical about taking your vows outside and our woodlands are perfect for weddings. If you’re planning your outdoor ceremony or if you’ve fallen in love with Beech Dell, we’ve got all you need to know right here. Don’t miss these essential wedding planning tips for outdoor ceremonies.
Outdoor wedding ceremonies – planning tips
In many ways, planning your outdoor ceremony is just like planning a ceremony that takes place inside. However, there are a few things that you definitely need to keep in mind. Here’s a great checklist covering all the important points:
- Make sure that your guests can find your outdoor ceremony with some easy-to-follow signs that will point them in the right direction
- Think about the paths that guests will take to reach your ceremony. Will any of your guests have trouble walking to reach your chosen spot? If so, let us know and we can help
- The trees provide a beautiful shady canopy, even on the hottest days but just think about where you’ll be standing during your ceremony so you’re not in full sun. If you’ve having live music during your ceremony, the performers will also need a shady area
- Unlike indoor ceremonies, sound can almost get lost in the woodlands, so you need to make sure that everyone hears the ceremony. Think about how you’ll arrange your seating, so no one is too far away. Also, ask anyone giving readings to practice reading in a slightly louder voice than normal. If you’re really worried you won’t be heard, consider hiring microphones
Outdoor wedding ceremonies – things to remember
- On a hot day, guests will really appreciate it if there’s water available at your ceremony. Fill a container with ice and add some bottles of water so that guests can help themselves. Don’t forget to recycle the bottles!
- The woodlands are full of creatures and whilst some are super cute, some can be a little bit annoying. Don’t forget the apply some insect repellent as you’re getting ready!
- When it comes to decorations, think carefully about what you’ll need. The woodlands are stunning as they are so don’t fell that you need to add a lot to your ceremony area. If you decide to decorate, think about weighting things down so they don’t blow away and make sure that larger decorations will work on an uneven floor
- Whatever you do, the most important thing is that you enjoy your outdoor wedding ceremony. If you need any advice or if you’ve got any questions, do get in touch and we’ll be more than happy to help
To find out more about Beech Dell at GreenAcres Chiltern, get in touch with the team and arrange a time to come and visit. Don’t forget that there’s an Open House at Chiltern on 28thJuly 10am-2pm and we’d love to see you there.
Credits: Photographer Rebecca Goddard. For all other credits, click here.