After a glorious few months, it seems that summer is behind us. The GreenAcres woodlands are starting to change as autumn arrives and the days get shorter. Now that summer is over, it’s time to get on with planning you wedding without the distractions of sunshine and holidays. Wherever you are in the planning process, here are some essential wedding planning jobs to tackle this autumn.
Your wedding planning jobs for autumn
- You might not want to hear this but now’s the time to check your wedding budget. If you’ve bought anything over the summer or if you’ve received updated quotes from suppliers, now’s the time to update your figures. It’s so important to know where you are with your money so don’t forget to current your budget current. This might not be your favourite of the wedding planning jobs but it’s SO important.
- We all know that the run up to Christmas can be busy so grab your diary and book in any appointments that you need. Whether you need a pre-wedding photo shoot or some time with your florist or venue, arrange the date sooner rather than later.
- If you’ve been to any weddings and events over the summer that have made you change your plans, communicate these to your suppliers. You might have decided against round tables or you might now want a couple of extra group shots so update your suppliers if things have changed.
- Keep an eye open for post-summer sales. Lots of wedding retailers, particularly online suppliers of details and decorations, hold end-of-season sales and you could make some great savings. Sign up for newsletters so you know when the sales kick in.
An invitation to our autumn Open Day
- If you’re looking to send out your invitations early in the new year, think about ordering your stationery in the next month or so. Stationers are usually very busy in the new year so get in early with your order and use the festive break to write your invitations.
- Plan your wedding craft now and use the longer evenings to crack on with your projects. DIY becomes stressful when you’re short on time nearer the big day and that’s something to avoid. Get ahead now!
- Now’s the time to get serious with your wedding dress shopping. If you’re getting married next summer and haven’t already ordered your gown, you need to soon. Wedding dresses usually take 6-9 months to arrive at the boutique once you’ve ordered and then you’ll need alterations. Give yourself plenty of time to find ‘the one’.
- Finally, come along to our Open Day on Sunday 29th Chiltern, Colney and Rainford will all be open 11am – 3pm and, if you book on the day, you’ll receive a lovely 10% discount. Take a wander through the woodlands and fall in love with GreenAcres.
To find out more about woodland weddings at GreenAcres, do get in touch to request a brochure. If you’re not able to attend our Open Day, we’d be pleased to show you around one of our locations at another time. Contact us to arrange your personal appointment.