The wedding suppliers that you choose to work with are absolutely key. You want people to work with people who you feel comfortable with and who understand your vision for the day. You also want suppliers who fit your budget and give you confidence. Of course, when you book, there are lots of questions to ask but there are some that are really important. These are the questions to ask ALL of your wedding suppliers.
Questions for your wedding suppliers
These are the questions that you really must ask all of your wedding suppliers BEFORE you book. There are no right and wrong answers to these questions but it’s crucial and you have all the information that you need before you sign contracts. Wedding suppliers are always happy to answer your queries so don’t feel awkward, it’s much better to check the details now!
- Are you available on our date? – This has to be the most important question to ask but you’d be amazed how many couples don’t! It also shows the importance of deciding on your date (and probably your venue) before you start looking at other suppliers.
- Is the price that you’ve quoted fully inclusive? – This is possibly the most important question to ask because extras can cause big problems to your budget. It’s crucial that you know if travel fees might apply or if your supplier will want food and drink or if VAT will be added.
- Are you insured? – Talking about insurance might not be as exciting as discussing your plans but it’s something that you need to know. Public liability insurance is a must-have so ask to see a copy of their certificate if you need.
- Will you be with us on the day? – If you’ve built a rapport with someone, you probably want them by your side on the big day. The majority of wedding suppliers are small businesses, but larger concerns might allocate staff to you once you book. Find out who’ll be your contact.
And ask your wedding suppliers these questions too…
- What’s your experience with weddings? – We know that everyone has to start somewhere but experience is important. Suppliers who’ve worked on weddings before are used to the intricacies of the occasion and can offer advice as well as being able to react to anything that crops up on the day.
- Have you worked at our venue before? – There’s no doubt about it, for some suppliers, knowing the ins and outs of a venue can be really helpful. A photographer might know some great photographic locations, or a caterer might understand the layout of the building for example. However, suppliers are very adaptable and will go out of their way to find out what they need to know so even if they haven’t worked at your venue before, don’t dismiss them. Instead, ask if they’ll visit the venue before the day to learn more.
- Is there anything you want to ask us? – Your suppliers might have some questions for you so give them an opportunity to ask them. Their questions might prompt you to think about certain things and, let’s be honest, talking about your wedding is always lovely!
At GreenAcres, we don’t tell you which suppliers to work with and we don’t restrict your choices. However, we do have a brilliant selection of trusted suppliers that we’re happy to recommend and you’ll find these in our brochure. Get in touch to request your copy now.